On Fri, 7 Jan 2011, Makara wrote:

Hi All,

I'm plesk control panel administrator. In this few days I found there are
many deferred message in mailq and I know that hosting server is sending hug
spam message out. Here is the log from postfix.

Turn up the log deg level a bit and it will show the source messages.

It's possible for postfix or maybe smtp client to trace which directory
sending message from? or any advise how to prevent or solve this problem? or
extend log file so that I have more possibilities to find out where is the
problem come from?

Yes, it will be in the log files - with a sufficiently high loglevel. If you think it's coming from a user's web page, then you might also move those files elsewhere for the time being as you are an adminisrator, and see if it stops - and if it is, you've found it.

To explain, the logs are just showing that Postfix is doing something with the mail spool - and everything in there, on my server, lives in /var/spool/postfix - your mileage may vary. The problem is that it doesn't explain where these messages are coming from - the actual SMTP transactions are not shown in the sample you provided. A higher loglevel will tell you where the messages are coming from - or it could be that Postfix is still dumping the log info into /var/log/syslog.

-Dennis