Jan Johansson:
> I have the following config:
>
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks reject_unauth_destination
> check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10031
>
> I assumed that it would mean that any attempt to send a mail to
> a recipient that is not a valid destination would be immediately
> rejected, and if the recipient was valid, it would be a matter

For that, specify reject_unlisted_recipient before permit_mynetworks.

reject_unlisted_recipient  (with  Postfix  version  2.0:  check_recipient_maps)
      Reject the request when the RCPT TO address is not listed in the
      list  of  valid  recipients  for  its  domain  class.  See   the
      smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient    parameter   description   for
      details.  This feature is available in Postfix 2.1 and later.

        Wietse