Yes, cool. But the problem is not in "to use www or not to use www". The
problem is that main page of some internet resource, which *always* is
domain name without any subdomains, couldn't return an error. It's a...
nonsense! When somebody ask "tell me an address of **** website", nobody and
never start their answers with W...W...W.... And even if they start, vast
majority of people automatically truncate www and remember only informative
part. And then such users go to postfix.org and see an error. And they,
absolutely rightly, think "how can this software work correctly, if even
main site of it everytime is down without any explanation even on the main
page". When you see a mail address, like postfix-users@postfix.org, you go
postfix.org, because main page of some internet resource is *always* a
domain name. It's .... a simplest psychology and obvious things. The main
address of some resource must return something always and in all cases, even
if resource is completelly down. Why you consciously create huge number of
inconvenience to users? It's so simple - just add an alias.