On 01/19/2011 02:27 PM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> * J4 <ju...@klunky.co.uk>:

>>> This is a patched, unsupported postfix.
>>> Whose patch is it?
>>>
>> Hi Ralf,
>>
>> This explains everything.  I read in a guide that it would work, but
>> reading your reply realise that the guide refers to a patched version
>> that the guide did not note.  Oh well. Explains everything.  I shall
>> drop the idea because I don't know what the patch is.  /deep sigh.
> Damn. What you COULD do is use dovecot-2.0 instead (whcih has quotas)

Hi Ralf,

    I would love to use Dovecot, but I have spend three weeks,
consisting of about 3 man hours daily, to try and get quotas working in
mysql and dovecot LDA.  The result is that Dovecot deliver ignores the
quotas (stored in mysql).  Sadly, I have exhausted any good will I had
from the Dovecot mailing list for at least until they have forgotten my
email address :-)  There are only so many stupid questions I can ask.
Also, I have Dovecot 1.2 (latest) and won't upgrade to version 2 until
its in the Debian repos. At least I can keep this stable.  I can live
with a Postfix patch for the timebeing.  I shall move to Dovecot 2 when
it is in the Debian squeeze repositories.

Therefore, I'll look into the postfix VDA patch - At least it would
reject it before it even got as far as Dovecot, which would reduce load.