Simon:
> We are using postfix with debian lenny...
>

> We are receiving what appears to be backscatter from spam that is using a
> valid address in the Return Path. I have included an example of the header
> info from one of the spam messages below. The _From_ and _To_ addresses just
> seem to be random and are not related to us in any way. Does anyone know to
> block this sort of backscatter?
>

> Original message headers:

Safe suggestion: if there is any information in the header or body
content that appears to be common between spam messages, then you
can use a header_checks or body_checks HOLD action and freeze the
mail in the queue, then clean it up later.

Not-so-safe suggestion: defer all bounces for the affected address.

Untested example:

/etc/postfix/main.cf
    restriction_classes = defer-bounce
    defer-bounce = check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/mail_access
    smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
        permit_mynetworks
        reject_unauth_destination
        check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/rcpt_access

/etc/postfix/rcpt_access:
    vic...@example.com  defer-bounce

/etc/postfix/mail_access:
    <>                  defer this recipient is receiving too many bounces
    mailer-daemon@      defer this recipient is receiving too many bounces
    postmaster@         defer this recipient is receiving too many bounces

        Wietse