On 2/14/2011 9:39 AM, Scott Fitzhugh wrote:
I am new to Postfix and am wondering something about Postfix.

Currently, all our email comes into 2 Proofpoint appliances.  Email
that passes through goes straight to the Groupwise Internet Agent
(GWIA), which distributes the email where it needs to go within our
email system.

We are switching to a cloud email system.  In the transition period,
we'd like all email to go to both places, but not forwarded.

Is it possible to use Postfix in the middle somewhere to send email to
two different locations?

Thanks in advance,
Scott Fitzhugh
I'd first ask is it really necessary to set up a new server component to do the mundane task of mirroring all e-mail to two places? Proofpoint appears to be fairly sophisticated but I have never used them:

http://www.proofpoint.com/products/enterprise-protection-email-security.php
"Also available as an on-premises or hybrid solution using cloud-enabled appliances."

Also bear in mind users will delete, re-file, and otherwise operate upon messages, only to find them unread and unfiled on the "cloud" when the transition is finalized. When I transitioned servers I shutdown all mail service temporarily and did a bulk transfer overnight (both servers were IMAP/Maildir stores; your situation may be different but talk to the cloud vendor.)

I'd be curious to know what you work out in any case.

-Daniel