Quanah Gibson-Mount put forth on 2/28/2011 4:03 PM:

> Postfix is highly used among
> various linux distributions (Debian, Ubuntu, SuSE, RedHat all come to
> mind), but with the exception of Redhat, none of them link postfix
> against the MySQL libraries by default.

I'm no dev so please excuse the stupid questions.

You mention "by default".  What exactly is the issue here?

With Debian, if I need mysql support I simply install the extra package
postfix-mysql, which depends on libmysqlclient.  (This is the same
procedure for acquiring pgsql, pcre, cdb, ldap, etc capability)

So by installing the package postfix-mysql and libmysqlclient, am I
violating a license agreement?  If not, what's the difference, and why?

Thanks.

--
Stan