Am 28.02.2011 23:57, schrieb Quanah Gibson-Mount:

> The main issue I see at the moment really is the inability to legally
> link Postfix to MySQL, removing a valuable piece of Postfix functionality.

Not a loss.  If MySQL and Postfix turn out to be incompatible
license-wise, this prevents one particular SQL *implementation* from
being used - but not the functionality (SQL lookups) per se.

If you cannot or do not want to use MySQL due to licensing, use
PostgreSQL.  It not only removes the license worries [1], but also
worries around table storage engines, transactional modes, and ACID
compliance.

[1] <http://www.postgresql.org/about/licence>