Charles Marcus:
> On 2011-02-17 1:16 PM, Victor Duchovni wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 05:03:04PM +0000, Adam Hamer wrote:
> >> "Postfix will not add X-Original-To when forwarding mail."
>
> > Yes, really when not using a delivery agent that is typically used
> > for outbound or relay email. In the case of lmtp(8) this should
> > perhaps be revisited at some point.
>
> Just to make sure I understand this correctly...
>
> Currently, using virtual for deliver, I'm getting these X-Original-To
> headers, which I have gotten very used to and rely on - but if/when we
> switch to dovecot+LMTP, we will lose them?

You can fake it in the SMTP server with

/etc/postfix/main.cf:
    smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
        check_recipient_access pcre:/etc/postfix/recipient_access.pcre

/etc/postfix/recipient_access.pcre
    /(.+)/      prepend X-Original-To: $1

At a minor loss of privacy (plus that it would prepend
multiple headers in the case of multi-recipient mail).

> If so, that is a show-stopper for me... also, what are the chances of
> this being 'revisited' at any point in the foreseeable future?
>
> Last - am I correct that we will *not* lose them if we just use the
> dovecot LDA as opposed to LMTP?

The chances depend on available time. Implementing one thing means
delaying another.