postfix-2.8.1,1 on FreeBSD 8

Hi all,

I'm looking to automate mailing of user reports with a perl script that
sends a message via a postfix server. The postfix server is configured
to use virtual domains, and all users in these domains can send and
receive messages.

The script's recipients are all over the Net and neither their domain
nor their usernames are defined on this postfix server.

The postfix server rejects the message because recipients don't have
accounts on this box.

The error message in maillog is like this:

Mar  1 13:30:04 mail3 postfix/smtpd[99904]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
hostB.networktest.com[1.2.3.4]: 550 5.1.1
<someu...@someexternaldomain.com>: Recipient address rejected: User
unknown in relay recipient table; from=<dnew...@networktest.com>
to=<someu...@someexternaldomain.com> proto=ESMTP
helo=<localhost.localdomain>

The perl script runs on hostB.networktest.com (not its real name), which
is a different machine than the postfix server, hostA.networktest.com.
If it matters, both machines are on the same subnet; both have A and PTR
records; and hostA has an MX record.

The perl script uses the MM::Lite:TT:HTML module. The command in the
script to send the message is:

$msg->send('smtp','hostA.networktest.com', AuthUser=>$from, AuthPass=>
$pass);

If I add 'Debug=>4' to this command and watch the console on hostB, it
appears to authenticate OK, but the script fails with a 571 Relay access
denied error.

In main.cf, relay_recipient_maps calls
hash:/usr/local/etc/relay_recipients. I tried added the recipients'
addresses to this file (in the form 'someu...@someexternaldomain.com
OK'), running postmap, and reloading postfix, but the server still
returns the 571 error.

Thanks in advance for clues on a fix -- especially one that allows the
script's recipients to get the message but doesn't open up this box as a
relay to others.

dn