On 3/3/2011 2:34 PM, jason hirsh wrote:

I have been informed by a couple gmail users that my server is blocking their access. They are getting

Technical details of temporary failure:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more athttp://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=7720
[mail.kasdivi.com <http://mail.kasdivi.com/>. (5): Connection timed out]

The wierd thing about this is that it appers to effect only a couple of gmail usres. For example mail from my gmail account goes through just fine

Are you running a greylist perhaps? Either way, Google 'slams' email. In other words they try once and if the email cannot be delivered before the time out, the failure response is sent. I run milter greylist on one of my sendmail servers and had to include an exception for gmail. Sad but true. Gmail is not really a fully compliant email system but they do a lot of other things very good.

--
John Hinton
877-777-1407 ext 502