Hi Reindl,

As far as I can tell, the anvil settings are running at the default
settings in my configuration:-

# postconf -n | grep anvil
# postconf -d | grep anvil
anvil_rate_time_unit = 60s
anvil_status_update_time = 600s

However, the rate limit is set to 40 (default is 50)
# postconf -n | grep connection_rate_limit
smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit = 40

Now I think I know what is happening.  Thanks.

I don't think that is really needs to be changed.  I could increase the
smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit and the anvil_rate_time_unit, but its
not a major problem.  So long as the server is not loosing Email and
being civil to Email server, then all is well.

It was a compromised user, or a test server:
Mar  5 03:21:46 srv4 postfix/anvil[5078]: statistics: max connection
rate 1733/60s for (smtp:62.198.48.73) at Mar  5 03:16:45

Cheers.
S.