Mark Alan:
> Hello list,
>
> In order to have postfix 2.8.1 feeding email to a ezmlm 1.2.17 mailing
> list manager (under Debian/Ubuntu) we have a tentative setup that
> goes like described bellow.
>
> I have 2 questions:
> 1. is there a way to do the same without (the rather expensive)
> regexp:/ lists?
> 2. in case of not being possible to do without regexp (or just in case
> the regexp happens to be the right solution) is this the right regex
> syntax to serve this setup?
>
> # about the mailing list manager
> mailing list manager:
>   mlmmj  (which is a MTA agnostic ezmlm clone)
> list address:
>   lis...@example.org
> control commands:
>   list01+subscr...@example.org
>   list01+unsubscr...@example.org
>   list01+h...@example.org
> # VERP Return-Path:
>   list01+bounces-12-john.doe=domain....@example.org
>
> # the tentative configuration:
>   virtual_alias_maps = cdb:/etc/postfix/virtual-alias-maps,
> regexp:/etc/postfix/mlmmj-virtual-alias-maps
> /etc/postfix/mlmmj-virtual-alias-maps
>       /^(list01.*)@example\.com$/     ${1}
>
>   mlmmj_destination_recipient_limit = 1
>
>   transport_maps = regexp:/etc/postfix/mlmmj-transport
>     /etc/postfix/mlmmj-transport
>       /^(list01).*$/    mlmmj:$1
>
> /etc/postfix/master.cf:
>   # transport for the mlmmj mailing list
>   mlmmj   unix   -   n    n    -    -   pipe flags=DORhu user=nobody
> argv=/usr/local/bin/mlmmj-receive -F -L /var/spool/mlmmj/$nexthop/
>
>   postconf |grep default_privs  =>  default_privs = nobody

If you follow the mlmmj website's instructions, then it should
work.  I prefer not to review alternative variations.

By the way, the mlmmj setup can now be simplified, and no longer
needs the kludge with the mlmmj/pipe transport.  postfix-2.9-20110228
fixes a problem where the local delivery agent ignored the ownership
of regexp-based alias tables.

Why was this fixed 20110228? Because I recently stumbled upon this
problem when I visited the mlmmj/postfix webpage.