On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:
> Mehmet Tolga Avcioglu:
>> I have a milter application that works fine for smtp but throws
>> undefined macro error messages for non-smtp.
>
> As far as I can tell in a few minutes time, Postfix sends no
> auth_mumble macros when
>
> a) The SMTP client has not authenticated,
> b) Mail is submitted over non-SMTP.
>
> I don't see why this should be changed for non-SMTP submission,
> when the same thing happens with SMTP mail.

I understand. My confusion was; setting milter_rcpt_macros or
milter_mail_macros seems to indicate I want these passed and if they
don't exists pass them empty. But obviously they mean pass them only
if they are available. And it is not related to smtp or non-smtp. I
wonder if sendmail implementation is the same, probably so.

Well, it seems obvious now that a well crafted milter application
should check to see if macros are defined first before assuming they
are there...

Thanks

--
Mehmet