Angelo Amoruso:
> today I've just played with postfwd (http://postfwd.org/) and I was able
> to achieve the desired result, ie having a way to reject with a failure
> code mails directed on a specified domain (in my case yahoo.it and
> yahoo.com) when total size is above a predefined limit.
>
> Anyway, just for curiosity is there a way to accomplish the same using
> only Postfix and not extra software?

No, and I think that it would be a mistake to build support for
every possible feature into Postfix.

Instead, Postfix has extension interfaces. External content filters
exist because I did not want to maintain built-in content inspection;
the policy protocol exists because I did not want to maintain
built-in SPF; and the Milter interface exists because I did not
want to maintain built-in SenderID. The benefit of these extension
interfaces is that they can also be used for other purposes.

There are several rate-limiting policy daemons for Postfix.  The
good ones will be kept alive.