> From: owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org [mailto:owner-postfix-
> us...@postfix.org] On Behalf Of Matthias Andree
> Subject: Re: Address Tagging in Postfix?
>
> Am 22.03.2011 22:53, schrieb Simon Brereton:
>
> > The number of javascript email input validations that wouldn't
> allow + as a valid character (particularly the banks) forced me to
> change [recipient_delimiter] to - without any dire consequences...
>
> Possibly not but some environments are fond of double family names,
> making for interesting ambiguities around the minus character.  Check
> the *complete* user list before using a recipient_delimiter of -.

But if, as Wietse says, Postfix attempts to check the whole username first, then

user.double-barrelled@ would be delivered to user.doubled-barrelled@ and not
user.name-delimited@ even assuming barrelled == delimited.

So in the worst case the guy delimiting his address to do folder sorting
wouldn't get those mails.  He should probably pick something more descriptive
than a common surname though..

Simon