On 2011-04-02 Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 02.04.2011 23:17, schrieb Jeroen Geilman:
>> I see Mr Reindl is butting his big mouth in again
>
> is your toilet broken or why is your neck so big?

You've repeatedly shown an attitude on this list that I consider
objectionable, to say the least. Would you mind keeping it to yourself?
Thank you.

>> I "should" do nothing.
>
> YOU can do waht you want, but do not recommend others wrong things

He didn't.

[...]
>> Because the primary value of TLS on a mail client is to be able to
>> send encrypted login information, and prevent sniffing on local LAN
>> networks
>
> *lol*
>
> you know about cram-md5 / digest-md5
> this is for login-information

You do realize that these have other disadvantages, don't you? Like the
requirement to store the user's unencrypted password on the server.

[...]
>> I can only repeat that your preposterous "SHOULD" demands are silly.
>> Guaranteed end-to-end encryption is not a job for the MTA.
>> Use PGP or GPG to achieve message confidentiality.
>
> you were the who spoke about "the majority"?
> the majority is not using GPG!

Which doesn't change anything about the fact that PGP/GPG is suited for
ensuring end-to-end confidentiality, while TLS is not. TLS only ever
guarantees encrypted transmission to the next HOP. Period. Live with it.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--Joel Spolsky