On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 03:49:28PM +0200, Christoph Moench-Tegeder wrote:

> It would be a shame if we spend more time on the discussion of the
> short-sightedness of my patch than I'd have to spend on fixing my
> patch - just to have a better patch documented for those trapped with
> broken setups like mine. Don't panic, I'll come up with that one later.

Instead of patching loop detection, surely it is easier to set
inet_interfaces to a list that does not include the IP address to
which mail is relayed. If the host has any non-loopback interfaces,
list just these.

If there is just one non-loopback interface:

        # Uncomment if no mail comes in via SMTP.
        # master_service_disable = inet

        # Don't do loop detection on the loopback interface.
        inet_interfaces = $myhostname

--
        Viktor.