On 4/6/11 1:46 PM, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
On 6/4/2011 1:20 μμ, Tolga wrote:
Hi,

I have just tried with another user I added with postfixadmin, and I am still getting that permission error. So, I am wondering what /var/mail/vhosts permissions and owning user:group should be? chmod 777 works but I know 777 is evil, so I chmod'd 770 and chown'd mail:mail, then postfix:postfix, which didn't work at all. What should them be?

Regards,

Owner:group should be the user:group you are using in your system for virtual accounts - usually vmail (or similar).

In your system it seems the user you have defined is user with uid/gid=8:

   virtual_uid_maps = static:8
   virtual_gid_maps = static:8

Check who that user/group is.

Permissions I'm using are 700.

Nick

Hi,

I have just checked, uid/gid 8 is vmail and the directory is owned by vmail:vmail, and I just chmod'd to 700. It still doesn't work :(

Regards,