Victor Duchovni wrote:
On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 11:49:00AM -0400, Randy Ramsdell wrote:

Okay every single man page, and there are MANY, is also causing an error. This are all related to opensuse's postfix-docs rpm which does not create sym links to the gzipped page.

If they change the names of the installed files, they MUST change the
contents of the "postfix-files" included with the package. Failure to
do so is a broken package, complain loudly to the package maintainers.

Correction: The man pages are from the postfix rpm.

They did not change the man page names. It is common to use $manpage.1.gz. They simply compress the man page. I had to create links like postmap.1 ---> postmap.1.gz. Every manpage for every piece of software is in the for $manpage.1.gz. Agreed that the package maintainer could have created these links.

Why not wildcard the man page search? If the script sees anvil.8.gz, wouldn't that be enough confirmation that a reasonable assumption could be made that this is in fact the manpage for anvil.8?

Reinstalling will not fix the main page thing of course.

Your binary package is borked, don't use it.

What binary? I cannot maintain my own postfix rpms from opensuse. We need the security notification and patches. I suppose I could create our specific postfix rpms, but who has time.

Given it is an Opensuse problem, I still don't see why the postfix set-permissions cannot, use postmap.1* vs postmap.1 .