Stan Hoeppner wrote:
Jerry put forth on 4/11/2011 4:39 PM:
Stan Hoeppner<s...@hardwarefreak.com>  articulated:
Why bother with this complex greylisting setup?  Simply hammer the big
blocks with a CIDR entry and whitelist individual IPs in the range
from which you need legit mail.  If such IPs are used to send both
snowshoe spam and ham, that's a human shield tactic, and deserves
permanent blocking, FOREVER.  If anyone complains, lay the full
skinny on them as to why.  I.e. lay the blame at the proper feet, and
direct complaints at the guilty.

Life is too short to waste _your_ valuable time playing whack-a-mole
with spammers, isn't it?  We don't live in a totally "collateral
damage free" world.  People must get used to this.

Unless of course you get hit with a law suit.

Have you heard of a case of an SMTP sender suing an SMTP receiver for
message rejection, and winning the case?  Something like this would echo
through the tech press, and I've heard nothing.

Consider instead the case of a paying ISP customer suing said ISP for blocking dear Mother's email because Mother is getting her Internet connection from a company with lax enforcement against spammers.

Some of us simply do not have the luxury of deliberately causing false positives in our spam blocking efforts.

-kgd