Just to add a bit but important information: postfix is run with mailboxes
(maildir) on GFS (cluster environment).
After some tweaks with the cluster configuration, test with ping_pong gives a
performance of 2000locks/s, I wonder if it's enough for postfix with a system
of 5000+ user mailboxes...

Zozime