Noel Jones put forth on 4/13/2011 7:38 AM:

> Repeat 100 times:
> The client is marked "unknown" if *any* of the three tests fail.

Got it.  Thanks for clarifying this Noel, and Sahil.  The postconf
documentation covers both reject parameters, but it doesn't explain the
criteria used to decide when "unknown" is places in the Received:
header.  This is why I made the error.

> Your advice that reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname will reject this
> host is incorrect.  While that restriction is useful and safe for most
> sites, it will probably not reject this particular client, which has
> rDNS but no hostname->address mapping.

And if you noticed in my original response, I listed 2 other better
methods to block spam from this example, and similar, hosts.  That fact
should not be lost in this noise.

--
Stan