Hello, recently I purchased the Hildebrandt/Koetter book: Postfix. I read
through chapter 16 minus the dialup material.
SASL by inspection is great but Simple it is not. I have tried many
combinations of Mechanism vs. Method.
Ostensibly this translates to chapters 15 & 16. I have read these over several
times plus the postfix.org HowTos.
And, a lot of googling later I am further behind then when I started.
I tried to find professional help but most of the sites I visited are geared
toward companies.
I'm a private individual that develops software for a living and good email is
muy importante to my wellbeing.
Notwithstanding configuring SASL is beyond me at this point.
I have smtpd -v turned on in master.cf but I glean little from this exercise.
I have a lot of log and other diagnostic info that I can share with interested
parties.
The question is: is there anyone in postfix land that has configured SASL
successfully in recent history?
Regards.