On 05/28/2011 03:15 AM, Justin Tocci wrote:
My wife is complaining that we don't get email from Netflix anymore but I'm
wondering what else we're missing. Check out this smtp log:

May 27 11:50:27 server postfix/smtpd[45795]: connect from
mx-ecom.netflix.com[208.75.76.252]

netflix connects to postfix.

May 27 11:50:58 server postfix/smtpd[45795]: lost connection after CONNECT from
mx-ecom.netflix.com[208.75.76.252]

netflix disconnects from postfix without sending any (valid) SMTP commands.

May 27 11:50:58 server postfix/smtpd[45795]: disconnect from
mx-ecom.netflix.com[208.75.76.252

postfix drops the connection.

  guidance (Lynda.com)

Please refer to the official documentation at http://www.postfix.org/documentation.html ; online guides, howtos and tutorials are often confused, confusing, or plain wrong.

If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.

tcpdump(8) the connection to see what is really happening.
If netflix doesn't send anything, ask *them* what is wrong.

Perhaps instead of randomly turning things off is there a way to find out more
about what may be going on inbetween the gaps in the log? I have the log level
set to DEBUG which is the highest setting in

Please don't do that; it often obscures the simpler issues if you don't know what you're looking for (or at).

--
J.