Le 04/06/2011 08:43, Goutam Baul a écrit :
> Dear Frank,
>
> Thanks a lot for responding. I am now reading through the net and trying to
> implement things as suggested. Just a few queries:
>
> 1) As I am interested in sending bulk mails, I am contemplating modification
> of my DNS zone file with SPF record. Some articles in the net talk about
> reconfiguration of Postfix for SPF. I believe it is required only when I
> test the incoming mails for the corresponding SPF records. Am I correct in
> my understanding?

yes.

> 2) Can you indicate some reliable website to get the dkim-milter package for
> my RHEL 3.8?

no idea.
PS. isn't 3.8 way too outdated?

> 3) Instead of using the mailing list software, for the time being I am
> planning to use php classes like phpmailer and advice my script to delay for
> say 5 seconds before sending a mail. Do you foresee any issues in this
> approach?

it is strongly recommended to use a list manager such as sympa or mailman:
- they have delivery error detection
- they have "well known" templates and headers

if you decide to use your own tools, do that at your own risk. be aware
that there are many opportunities to get things wrong.