** At 13:33 +0200 on 06/18/2011, Jeroen Geilman wrote:
On 06/18/2011 10:57 AM, Vince Sabio wrote:

I am running a list server that uses Postfix 2.0.18 (yes, it's a little bit creaky) as its MTA. On one of the lists, users are complaining that they are receiving repeats of one specific message from one specific person; the repeats are being sent out every 70 minutes. (Sounds like a requeue interval.)

Not really.
The incremental queue backoff times postfix uses means no 2 intervals are likely to be the same.

At that point, I was actually thinking of an external MTA. It's now apparent that the problem is not originating from outside my server.

Just locate the offending queue file and kill it.

Yep -- that seems to have worked. There were two queue files, located in ~queue/defer/ and ~queue/deferred/; killed them both, and the problem seems to have stopped. Muchas gracias.

Vincent Sabio                                                vi...@vjs.org

If you choose to reply off-list, please do not reply to vi...@vjs.org; your
message will get lost in the spam pile. Reply to vsabio at mac dot com.