On 27-Jun-11 12:50 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
Mark Moellering:
I am running a postfix server on Freebsd 8.1
I have multiple domains and need to set up each domain with its own TLS
certificate.
I emailed this list and the best solution seems to be to run multiple
instances.
I read through the documentation and I want to clarify things before I
start making changes on the server.

Does each instance need its own uid and gid?
The documentation does not say that different instances must have
different mail_owner and setgid_group settings, so don't do that.

It says that "The default instance is responsible for local mail
submission"  Does this mean that only the default instance needs
virtual_mailbox_domain and virtual_mailbox_maps entries?
It says: local *submission*. Not: local *delivery*.

        Wietse

Ahh I see... What about the sql files? Can each instance point to the same directory or do I need different directories per instance? Since everything is already set to handle multiple domains, I can use the same sql for each...

Mark