On 2011-07-20 09:12, Erik - versatel wrote:
I use virtual users and virtual domains

My virtual_mailbox_base = /var/mail/vhosts
My virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/vmailbox

home_mailbox = Maildir/

In etc/postfix/vmailbox
u...@example.com    example.com/user

In this case my mail is not delivered - I get a message user is dir not file

Yes.

As documented, virtual_mailbox_maps is a mapping from recipient address to a *mailbox*.

When I change this into:

In etc/postfix/vmailbox
u...@example.com    example.com/user/

My mail is now delivered at /var/mail/vhosts/example.com/user
and not to /var/mail/vhosts/example.com/user/Maildir

Yes.
As documented, virtual_mailbox_maps is a mapping from recipient address to a *mailbox*.

When i want the mail delivered to /var/mail/vhosts/example.com/user/Maildir
I have to change the file vmailbox to:

In etc/postfix/vmailbox
u...@example.com    example.com/user/Maildir/

Yes.
As documented, virtual_mailbox_maps is a mapping from recipient address to a *mailbox*.

I expected that if you choose for a kind of Mailbox, this would also be for virtual users.

You "choose for" a mailbox type by either suffixing a directory slash (which makes it a maildir) or not (which makes it an mbox). This convention holds anywhere you can configure a mailbox in postfix - including, as documented, in virtual_mailbox_maps. Whether what you configured corresponds with reality is not under postfix's control.

I expected it to work with the first option, without the / (u...@example.com example.com/user)
I should think this is logical.
Is this a bug ???

As documented, virtual_mailbox_maps is a mapping from recipient address to a *mailbox*.

I want my mail delivered at /var/mail/vhosts/example.com/user/Maildir

So set that as the RHS of the mapping.

What are you worried about - that your virtual_mailbox_maps file will run out of storage bits ?

--
J.