In connection with various other problems I shall probably need help with later, I thought I might re-install Postfix 2.8.3 from ports in FreeBSD 8.2. As part of the install I get the following messages:

    Note: the following files or directories still exist but are
    no longer part of Postfix:

     /etc/postfix/access /etc/postfix/aliases /etc/postfix/canonical
     /etc/postfix/generic /etc/postfix/header_checks
     /etc/postfix/postfix-files /etc/postfix/relocated
     /etc/postfix/transport /etc/postfix/virtual
     /etc/postfix/postfix-script /etc/postfix/post-install

When I go to www.postfix.org I can find documentation on some of these files (I haven't checked them all but did check header_checks and transport) and there is no mention of these being obsolete!

TIA
Bernard Higonnet