On 2011-08-10 16:39, Donny Brooks wrote:
Hello all,

I have done some research on this but cannot find an easy to implement solution that doesn't need us to send our mail to an outside company. We need an in-house email archiving and e-discovery solution that would work with our existing postfix/dovecot setup. Being a state government agency this is something we are about to need to implement. My supervisor is bent on going to exchange but I refuse to do that as we have zero problems with our postfix email setup while other agencies have entire divisions dedicated to exchange management.

Take a look at the various sender_bcc_maps  and recipient_bcc_maps options:

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#sender_bcc_maps
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#recipient_bcc_maps

In particular, you can construct a PCRE or regexp map that adds an archive-specific prefix or suffix to the address, such as:

    recipient_bcc_maps = regexp:/etc/postfix/recipient_archive

and in /etc/postfix/recipient_archive:

    /^([^@]+)@example\.com$/    $1...@archive-domain.example.com

Then proceed to deliver the archive domain to a location of your choosing (or another server altogether)

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Donny B.

I don't really know what e-discovery means.

--
J.