On 2011-08-12 15:46, Amira Othman wrote:

Hi all,

I am configuring mail server on virtual machine for testing. I am using centos 5.6 and postfix-2.3.3-2.3.el5_6. I can send without problems but I can’t receive mails. I don’t have mx record I tried to add to  hosts file but no change.

If you want postfix to respect your hosts file, you need to set

        disable_dns_lookups = yes

in main.cf.

is mx record a must even if I am using for testing only??

No, an MX record is not required. You can always send mail to the FQDN of your postfix server.

Is there any alternatives of using mx record locally something like hosts file

Regards

Amira Othman

Server Administrator

www.cairosource.com

6 EL Nil EL Abyad, Mohandiseen

Cairo, Egypt

Direct:     +2 02 3303 7175
Mobile:   +2 012 220 4165

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

--
J.