On 8/17/2011 1:47 PM, Pim Zandbergen wrote:
> Wietse Venema wrote:
>> This policy is mistaken for the following reasons.
> Doesn't that make the whole ipv6whitelist.eu initiave "mistaken"?
> Or could there be a correct way to use it?
>
> As a side note: they do explain how to enable their whitelisting in
> Postfix:
> http://www.ipv6whitelist.eu/implementation-instructions/
>
> Pim
To me, they seem to be throwing the baby out with the bath water.

That list explicitly states a few bad ideas IMO:
1) If you're in one of our "Supported Countries" and not on our
whitelist, we blacklist you.
2) "What happens if a spammer registers an IPv6 address?

At registration it’s only checked that an actual human is making the
registration (through various questions/captchas). This list is NOT
intended to create distinction between spamming mailservers and
non-spamming mailservers. Hence if a spammer registers an IPv6 address,
it will be accepted and it will not be removed from this list."

But now, this is getting a bit off topic.

[opinion]
If anything, I think people should consider using this poorly thought
list in postscreen with a low score and not a flat reject.
Better, don't use it at all.
[/opinion]

Brian