On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 09:39:18AM +0100, Dan S wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Wonder if someone can point me in the right direction.
>
> We hold transport routes for loads of destinations and sometimes encounter
> an issue if one particular domain/route suddenly gets a hugh influx of mail.
>
> Say for instance one particular domain gets 10,000 emails, it could be ages
> before postifx looks to deliver the email for the other routes and therefore
> that particluar routes is hogging resources.
>
> Just wondered if there is a way to limit connections per transport route?

No, but a modern server (typically >= 16 gigabytes of RAM) can have a much
larger active queue than the default. With a larger active queue, you can
absorb larger bursts of mail without saturating the active queue. Otherwise,
indeed you can rate limit mail for a particular destination via a policy
service or similar and push the issue upstream...

--
        Viktor.