On 2011-09-06 13:58, Heiko Wundram wrote:
Am 06.09.2011 13:42, schrieb Noel Jones:
Or use firewall rules to redirect connections from that client to a
different port with different smtpd_sasl_security_options.

Thanks, after an off-list reply suggesting just that I tried that out, and that works like a charm. Adding the client to mynetworks won't cut it, as I don't trust the system except for the fact that I can control the traffic between the system and the smarthost; authentication is a must so that I can trace whether the host does "bad" things.

You can trace that regardless, since postfix logs what happens.

However, only SMTP AUTH combined with smtpd_sender_login_maps and its various restrictions allow you to /control/ what happens.

--
J.