More often than not, that's what people actually want because it identifies who
really sent the message, not who last handled it before you got it.  But it's
unreliable for all kinds of reasons:

- it could be forged to indicate it came from a legit source when it didn't
- there could be more than one of them, so which one do you believe?
- it might be stripped in transit
- it's non-standard

If its value can't be trusted, you should just ignore it.