Hi List

I don't know if this is possible....

But we have developed a website for a customer with a CRM backend,
without around 72,000 subscribers.

We want to update and manage the subscriber list on the webserver and
generate the weekly mailshot, all these processes are running fine.

Our solution was to create threads on the web server (running IIS) to
generate emails to be sent by the middleware (a PHP like language). This
does work fine up to around a couple of thousand emails, then it runs
out of memory and the process dies. I am looking at some kind of
throttle, but its not a very elegant solution.

I thought if I could generate a postfix friendly file, I could create an
SMB share and drop the 72,000 files into a folder that Postfix would
"see" and then process.

I have a "live" and very happy Postfix server, already managing the
email for a couple of dozen domains. (Nothing very big, mostly 3/4 users
on each). Which I don't want to risk messing up. Firstly, is the
feasable? Can I create a new "webqueue" folder, drop the files in their
and have postfix send them off? Can I copy a file from the mail queue as
a template?

Any thoughts on this appreciated.

Regards

Jon Harris