On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 7:56 AM, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:

> daver.mail...@operamail.com:
> > Should all these apps share users, maybe one of the Postfix users?  Or
> > should they be left as root user, with configs in /root/.<appname>, for
> > example?
>
> As documented :-) Postfix must not share the uid or gid with other
> applications.
>
> Hopefully, your other applications support a similar model.
>
>        Wietse

May be you can look at Howto Forge. There are a number of howto's that may
be applyable to your needs. Link is www.howtoforge.com. Look at Email section.
There you may find howto's for Ubuntu and CentOS, at least, for the same things.
For example, "The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 10.04 and ISPConfig 3" at the link
http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-10.04-lucid-lynx-ispconfig-3
is what I used for one of my clients and it is running smoothly. You should,
of course, change some things, but the idea is to learn from it and apply it to
your environment with the needed changes.

Fernando