Randy Ramsdell:
> > If you really must rewrite any domain, use regular expressions instead.
> >
> > /etc/postfix/main.cf:
> >      virtual_alias_maps =
> >     hash:/etc/postfix/virtual pcre:/etc/postfix/virtual.pcre
> >
> > /etc/postfix/virtual:
> >      # f...@example.com stays itself.
> >      f...@example.com       f...@example.com
> >
> >      # b...@example.com goes elsewhere.
> >      b...@example.com       other@elsewhere
> >
> > /etc/postfix/virtual.pcre:
> >      # Everything else goes to the mailsink.
> >      /./                    mails...@example.net
> >
> >     Wietse
> Well this worked and somehow I broke it or really not sure. We only want
> to accept mail from the app servers.
>
> hostname -f
> mail1-test.dfb.qa.vn
>
> Relevant logs:
>
> Sep 23 13:28:20 mail1-test postfix/error[18015]: 2760D17A7F6:
> to=<itst...@outdomain.com>, orig_to=<rramsd...@joeblow.com>, relay=none,
> delay=0.07, delays=0.04/0/0/0.03, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (User
> unknown in virtual alias table)

If you have a /./ regular expression at the end of virtual_alias_maps,
then the above error message is impossible, because every user will
match the /./ pattern and resolve to mails...@example.net.

Except when you have "-o virtual_alias_maps=somethingelse" in
master.cf, or when you are looking at the wrong set of configuration
files. Maybe someone else on the list has more time to play detective.