On 2011-09-29 11:33 AM, Robert Schetterer <rob...@schetterer.org> wrote:
Am 29.09.2011 17:27, schrieb Jonathan Tripathy:
Hi Everyone,

Bit of a design question here.

We have 2 users wishing to share an email account. However, when one
person reads the email, we would like the email for the other person to
still be marked as unread.

postfix is no imap server
wrong list

Is there a way to do this using IMAP (where emails are stored
centrally)? Or is using virtual users and sending the email to 2 people
the only way forward (Where emails are duplicated)

flagging read/unread is a imap client function
so its up the user to set it unread after reading it

after all you, you should think about a working workflow for your needs
i.e think of using imap acl folder sharing

perhaps try asking dovecot list etc
i.e look
http://wiki.dovecot.org/ACL

As has already been said, this is not a function of postfix, but Dovecot indeed can achieve this user 'per-user flags'...

http://wiki.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes/Public

--

Best regards,

Charles