On 05/10/11 21:41, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
I have no answer to this problem, I am afraid.

First, according to http://www.postfix.org/virtual.5.html, you could add for such a domain (e.g. aliased.example.com) an LDAP entry with mailacceptinggeneralid = aliased.example.com (no maildrop needed). This would be enough to receive mail for the domain.

Then, you would need to add virtual aliases for the domain, which is what you want to avoid (understandably).

I guess you could create a custom (e.g. ldap:/etc/postfix/aliased.example.com.cf) file to virtual_alias_maps, which might use a specially-crafted filter?

Read http://www.postfix.org/virtual.5.html and http://www.postfix.org/ldap_table.5.html to get some guidance.

I hope someone more experienced with Postfix and LDAP can provide a more detailed answer.

Nick

Thanks Nick. I appreciate your response. Its definitely helpful and If I cant find a way of working around the domain aliasing, it wont be the end of the world. :)

Regards
Shane