FYI: I have used postfix for years on linux ubuntu, but ubuntu has
done most of the work for me, so I am functionally a noob.
Am conversant with the command line.
I am attempting to configure postfix on a mac mini with Lion (osx
10.7).
When I run
postfix start
I get a compaint that the setgid_group value is empty.
Indeed it is - looking at main.cf. On this OS, group IDs are
in /etc/groups, but I am unable at this time to accertain what group
I want to use.
I see the following in `man' :
 setgid_group (postdrop)
              The group ownership of set-gid Postfix commands and
              of group-writable Postfix directories
but am unclear on which to use.
NOTE: This is for a single-use workstation, not a server.
Thanks
--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com