On 25/10/2011 22:35, Reindl Harald wrote:

> please do NOT post debug-logs as long not requested
> the only thing visible in your log is a connect and
> a disconnect, so this is not really postfix related

I apologise, the reason I have posted here is that I cannot see anything that is wrong with my roundcube configuration. However I suspect that maybe it can't cope with STARTTLS?

> on the other hand there is no sign that postfix accepts
> auth and if a client is configured to use a capability
> the server does not provide after EHLO the client disconnects

I was considering the lines that say:

Oct 25 21:28:27 turing postfix/smtpd[440]: match_list_match: localhost: no match

As in my configuration I have various anti-spam options to catch out bad HELO responses, etc. However, having just turned off all of smtpd_helo_restrictions I suppose I can be fairly certain it is not that.

> what is the following output on your mailserver?

seth@turing:~/Maildir$ telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 turing.localdomain ESMTP Postfix
ehlo localhost
250-turing.localdomain
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE
250-ETRN
250-STARTTLS
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250 DSN

I also notice that my response has no:

250-AUTH CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5 PLAIN LOGIN NTLM

So maybe I have turned on some option that only allows SMTP login after STARTTLS?

Thank you,

Seth