Solar Designer:
[on whitelisting]
> > State, including what message the line belongs to, is not saved
> > between lines.
> >
> > Adding any kind of whole-message action would require major changes
> > to the way cleanup works, and is unlikely to happen anytime soon.
>
> I admit I'm not familiar with the code and I haven't tried to implement
> ACCEPT yet, but aren't DISCARD and REJECT also whole-message actions?
> Is ACCEPT somehow very different?

Hey, Alexander. Right now, DISCARD / REJECT are easy to explain
(Postfix does not receive the message) and easy to implement (the
cleanup server simply ignores all input until end-of-message and
returns an appropriate status).

ACCEPT is simply to explain only if it disables all further checks.
Things become messy otherwise.