On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 11:37:02AM +0530, DN Singh wrote:

> Yes, I am trying some workarounds, like rate delays, to address unusual
> traffic, and also joined their FBL for complainants. But, am still facing
> problems with some MTAs.
> Also, this only for Yahoo, there are others like hotmail, rediffmail, aol,
> etc. Rediff being worst...
>
> The only thing that I want to know, is how do I define the time limit for
> dead destination, and stop postfix from attempting new mails during that
> time to the destination. I can't just turn off postfix, because it will
> stop completely.

It is a mistake to stop all first delivery attempts to a destination
that is not down. You're lucky that Postfix is not doing what you
seem to want.

If the site is greylisting, that will not help at all. If they want
your mail to arrive a slower rate, accumulating a lot of delayed mail
makes that problem worse.

There is no scenario in which a site that accepts your mail (i.e.
has not classified you as a spammer, correctly or not) will offer
better service if all your mail delayed by a few hours, that just
time-warps the problem into the future and makes it more severe.

--
        Viktor.