On 12/3/11 7:15 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
> Philip Prindeville:
>> Dec  2 20:32:54 localhost postfix/smtpd[9440]: warning: connect
>> to Milter service unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock:
>> Permission denied
>
> Does the error go away if you turn off SeLinux?
>
>       Wietse

Could have sworn this SElinux issue was fixed a couple of years ago... it
either regressed or the patch never made it downstream from Fedora to Centos.

It goes away if I patch Mimedefang to fchmod() the UNIX socket to 0660, and put
the postfix in the defang group, and add the following policy:

module postfix 1.0;

require {
        type postfix_smtpd_t;
        type spamd_var_run_t;
        class dir search;
}

allow postfix_smtpd_t spamd_var_run_t:dir search;

Bugs (with fixes) have been filed against both issues.

-Philip