Zitat von Peter Tselios <s91...@yahoo.gr>:

Hallo,
I have 2 postfix setup with openLDAP as back ends. I need to stress test my configuration.  I tried with the smtp-source but I don't know it is OK to test with 1 connection or more. How is postfix handles the connections with the smtp-source? Is it reliable? I mean, if I use 200 connections on the smtp-source, does that mean that I simulate 200 concurrent connections, from different users, on the postfix?

You should use a many connections as your hardwae is able to handle and only as many as your process limit for smtpd is set in master.cf. With only one smtp-source process you only stress the filesystem to some extend. Furthermore testing with smtp-source will not test your DNS (RBLs etc.) and not your LDAP server performance. If you need more insight what your mailserver is able to handle you might have a look at postal (http://doc.coker.com.au/projects/postal/) or something similar.

Regards

Andreas