Amira Othman:
> Hi all
>
> I need to understand why bounced emails sometimes don't have smtp status
> code and is it available to add code for them? And also about emails that
> are delivered to mailbox they don't have status code ?

According to RFC 3461:

   (i)  For DSNs resulting from attempts to relay a message to one or
        more recipients via SMTP, the Diagnostic-Code MUST be supplied
        for each of those recipients.  The diagnostic-type subfield will
        be "smtp".  See section 9.2 of this document for a description
        of the "smtp" diagnostic-code.

When there is an SMTP session, Postfix will report the SMTP status
code that it received from the remote SMTP server.

When there is no SMTP session, Postfix will not report a fake SMTP
status code.  Instead, it will return a different diagnostic-type.