>> I'm in the process of replacing the hardware for my external mail relay.
>> Both my existing postfix (V2.5.5) implementation, and my new one (V2.8.7)
>> update their relay_recipients table daily from Active Directory, using a
>> very similar method as described here:
>> http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/mailrelay/
>>
>> On the older box, every day I see a message stating that
>> hash:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients has changed -- restarting.  However, my
>> new box does not log this message.  After a few tests, I was able to confirm
>> that even though I don't receive a message, it does pick up any of the
>> changes to relay_recipients.
>>
>> I suppose that I don't *need* to see this message.  Yet over the years, I
>> have come accustomed to seeing it.  My best Google searches have yielded no
>> usable results.  Does anyone know what changed?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> Postfix still logs that message.  Maybe syslog is logging different
> severity to different files.
>

>   -- Noel Jones

Or chrooted postfix services with missing syslog sockets in the jail...?

Regards

Andreas

Good afternoon -

Thanks for your suggestions.  I like the way you think - but unfortunately,
none of the services are chrooted.  I am able to see other (normal) postfix
messages in syslog.  Additionally, both boxes are configured to log all mail
messages the same:
mail.*                                                  -/var/log/maillog

Aside from the update version, there really isn't a whole lot that is different
between the two boxes.  (I used the existing config files as a guide when
building the new box.)

Thanks!