On 1/12/2012 1:11 AM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

>> Noel, thank you for the thorough response.  Thanks also to
>> all the other responders.  I'm definitely convinced.  :)
>>
>> And of course, thanks to Stan!
>
> Of all days for me to be away from the KB most of the day... ;)
>
> Others have already hit the high points (thanks guys) so I'll simply try
> to clarify a few points, confirm some things.
>
> It may be maintained and hosted in a "hobby" manner, but I'd say the
> file gets as much, if not more, professional use than hobby use.

I'll clarify that my "hobby" remark refer to the fact that the list
is provided free to the world at your own expense, as a result of
your own good will and personal interest.  No commercial interests
are involved.

In no way does the hobby remark refer to the quality or usefulness
of the list.  Indeed, this is one more example of a pure-volunteer
effort providing a useful high-quality tool.

Obviously, organizations both large and small, private and
commercial, benefit from this.

Thanks!

  -- Noel Jones